Minutes from the January 17, 2017 Clarksville CDC Monthly Meeting
Board members present: BJ Friedman, Malcolm Greenstein, Paula Hern, Kim O’Brien, Mary Reed, Chris Thomas, Gregory Tran
Others present: Rose Gabriel
1. On a motion by BJ, seconded by Chris, the minutes from the November 15, 2016 monthly board meeting were approved.
2. Rose presented the financial report, which is for both November and December, 2016. We showed a net gain of $11,826. The savings balance was high ($143,493) but will start going down due to expenses related to 1817B W. 10th (we have expended the bond the money anticipated from the City.) The checking balance was $30,084.
3. Rose presented the property management report. Two tenants are behind. Both are on payment plans. Should leases expire before they get caught up, the leases will not be renewed until they are current.
4. Work on 1817B W. 10th Street is moving ahead, on schedule. We hope to be finished by the end of February. An Open House, including ACDDC, will be scheduled. Rose reported that it’s time to start interviewing potential tenants. Two applications are already on file, through referrals from current tenants. Per our loan agreement with the City, we can’t charge more than $750/month. Rose will inquire if we can exceed this amount if tenants are Section 8 qualified.
5. Paula reported that the CCDC/OWANA holiday caroling event was a big success. All of the food and wine was donated (thank you, Paula, Zocolo, and Nightcap!) so our expenses were very small (only printing associated with publicity. There was a good turnout and the Haskell House looked great.
6. Mary reported that the date for the 2017 Family Fun Fest has been set: Sunday, May 7, 1-5 p.m. A planning meeting is scheduled for January 23 to run through details. The outstanding sound guy is on board.
7. Under Other Business, Mary reported on the meeting she had with the woman who has a contract with the City to promote walking, and walking tours. She is interested in arranging a walking event, using our brochure (which we can sell at the event.) Details will follow as they firm up.
8. The board met in Executive Session to discuss a housing issue.
The Finance Committee did not meet this month.