Agenda for Clarksville CDC Monthly Meeting
September 19, 2017
-- NOTE NEW LOCATION --
1. Approval of minutes from the August 15, 2017 monthly board meetings (Notes: In the Board Secretary’s absence, August minutes recorded by Aubrey Carter)—5 minutes.
2. Financial report and finance committee report (Rose Gabriel, Teri Taylor)—5 minutes.
3. Property management report, 5 minutes (Rose Gabriel)—5 minutes.
4. Report on upcoming Community Conversation #2: “Preserving Neighborhood Character, Adding Diversity, Managing Density” (to be held October 3, 2017, 7-9 p.m., at St. Luke UMC, 1306 West Lynn), and discuss topic and schedule for Conversation #3 (Mary Reed)—10 minutes.
5. Consider whether to reschedule the Ice Cream Social (canceled because of Hurricane Harvey), (Mary Reed)—5 minutes.
6. Share information regarding upcoming Block Party (RuthAnn Brown)—5 minutes.
7. Discuss plans for the annual Haunted House (Mary Reed)—5 minutes.
8. Other Business
9. Executive Session (if necessary)
Action taken via Electronic Vote:
On August 21, 2017, the board voted to support Councilmember Kathie Tovo’s proposed resolution to require only a simple majority of the Historic Landmark Commission to approve historic zoning over the wishes of the property owner. (Note: HLC approval is only the first step in the zoning change process.) This matter was time-sensitive and could not wait until the September meeting.